INOCON has longtime project experience in a wide range of subject areas of crew management with various airline customers
An efficient crew management to provide the right number of crew with the required qualification at the right time to the right flight is a crucial success factor for an airline operation. INOCON supports airlines to optimize, streamline and better integrate all phases of the crew management processes from capacity planning to pairing construction, to crew assignment, roster maintenance and crew control.
Since 2005, we have been supporting Deutsche Lufthansa AG and established a strategic partnership for consulting services, education, conceptual design and implementation of information systems within the scope of crew management.
The following examples are an excerpt of our wide range of project experience in the area of crew management.
- Re-design of crew planning processes and functional enhancement of existing IT systems to shorten crew planning processes for cockpit and cabin crew.
- Impact analysis of changing collective agreements for the whole crew planning process chain.
- Business case evaluation by extrapolation of benchmark results for crew pairing optimizers.
- Implementation and calibration of rules and objectives for off-the-shelf crew pairing optimizers.
- Configuration of off-the-shelf crew pairing optimizers.
- Specification for enhancements of a customized crew bidding system.
- Configuration of a customized crew bidding system.
- Introduction of a new crew bidding process and system.
- Functional specification of a crew rostering optimizer and implementation of crew rostering rules and objectives.
- Analysis of increasing the number of cabin crew qualifications for crew rostering.
- Analysis of the trade-off between overtime pay and request fulfillment for cockpit crews during crew rostering.
- Business case evaluation by extrapolation of benchmark results for crew rostering optimizers.
- Requirements analysis, product assessment and selection of off-the-shelf crew control system.
- Requirements analysis and evaluation of a communication platform for automated delivery of crew notifications in case of short-term roster changes.
- Process evaluation, scoping and functional specification of a crew maintenance optimizer.
- Requirements analysis for minimizing crew impact in irregular situations.
- Business process analysis and redesign, functional specification and test management for an IT solution to automate the planning and management of flight training courses and training ressource.
- Integration of a new simulator planning system with the existing crew assignment system and the enterprise resource system of the flight simulator provider.
- Potential and requirements analysis of bundling cabin crew licensing courses.
We support you in optimizing your flight management processes for both planning and operational tasks.
Our experience in the area of flight management includes projects for revenue management, hub optimization, aircraft scheduling and aircraft maintenance
The basis for economic success of an airline is the published flight plan, that should best possible anticipate the changing passenger demand. INOCON supports airlines to optimize their flight management processes including flight plan optimization, fleet assignment, long-term and short-term maintenance planning, tail assignment and operations control.
The following examples are an excerpt of our wide range of project experience in flight management.
Revenue Management and Schedule Optimization
- Evaluation of meta-heuristics for the optimization of flight connections at hub airports.
- Calibration of objectives for a hub flight connection optimizer.
- Configuration of a connection builder model to reduce the number of connections in a huge flight network.
- Functional specification and configuration of a hub flight connection optimizer.
- Evaluation of the functional and non-functional fit of a proposed standard maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) solution including requirements analysis, creation of an assessment report and gap analysis document.
- Product customization and functional specification of necessary product enhancements for an off-the-shelf MRO solution.
- Requirements analysis of short-term maintenance planning related business tasks.
Tail Assignment / Aircraft Scheduling
- Product evaluation for supporting several tail assignment tasks related to operations control.
- Process analysis and scoping of tail assignment related business tasks, e.g. aircraft crew synchronization and fuel consumption optimization.
- Implementation and calibration of objectives for a flight leg cancellation optimizer.
- Functional specification of a tail assignment based optimizer for operations and maintenance control.
Operational Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction
INOCON supports the management of passenger flows at the airport to ensure operational efficiency and at the same time guarantee superior customer experience.
The focus of our expertise in passenger management is on departure control, check-in and the management of passenger flows in irregular situations
The following examples are an excerpt of our project experience in passenger management and services.
- Business process analysis and redesign, requirements engineering, specification review and test definition for the implementation and customization of an off-the-shelf new generation customer management and passenger check-in solution.
- Initial business rules setup for newly implemented off-the-shelf customer management/passenger CKI solution.
- Functional specification and test definition for the development of new passenger check-in system.
- Business rules setup, requirements analysis and specification review to support reliable dead head crew processes.
- Business process and system requirements analysis for the passenger value assessment of re-accommodation after disruption handling.
- Implementation of objectives and rules during prototyping of an optimizer to minimize passenger impact in proactive cancellation scenarios.
- Model analysis and development for the automation of the passenger re-accommodation process.
Effective Disruption Management
We support you in developing solutions for both the handling of predictable irregular situations and schedule recovery.
Irregularity Handling and Disruption Management
INOCON has expertise in holistic approaches to integrate the control of the crucial factors crew, aircraft and passenger flows for the optimized management of irregular situations
The following examples are an excerpt of our project experience in the area of disruption management.
Proactive Irregularity Handling
- Potential assessment for proactive handling of bad weather and crew strike irregularities to minimize passenger impact considering itinerary based passenger rebooking options.
- Functional specification and prototypical implementation of an optimizer for the proactive flight cancellation in predictable irregular situations.
- Vendor assessment and selection of a best fit off-the-shelf system to be the starting point for developing extended support on proactive handling of irregularities.
- Business process analysis and functional specification of an optimizer for handling short-term disruptions to support operations control considering crew, aircraft and passenger aspects.
- Vendor assessment and selection of a best fit off-the-shelf schedule recovery optimizer.